Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lunch might be difficult

Everything I touched was ash, my face a mess with tears and dirt, hardened across my cheeks and around my mouth. This place was hell, if not before the accident it certainly was now. Except without the fire and brimstone, they got that wrong. It was endless nothing that tore your soul apart. Scorched earth lay as far as I was prepared to look. The gas station was a giant hole in the ground now. I assume the tanks went up when all this started, and along with it most of the food supplies as it housed most canned goods and dried meat products. Scavenging from the deli can only go so far, without power most of it had already turned, an oversight eco friendly hippie types missed when demanding fresh produce. Damn them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment